Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day!


I don't have any pics to share of Mother's Day, but it was a great day. Ralph fixed breakfast for me as I prepared my talk for church. Yes, that's right. I am the new Relief Society president in our ward and they asked the new presidency to speak on mother's day. This is a very emotional day for me and then right before I spoke the Primary children sang and Sydney was right in front of me. I made it through the talk, but there were some weepy moments.


Lori and Heidi fixed dinner for us. We had steaks, baked potatoes and fresh veggies. Heidi made a peanut butter/hot fudge pie for dessert. Dinner was totally yummy.


I love my family so much. I am so proud to be their mother. I talked to Trent on the phone and Shawn called me on Monday. I talked to my mom on Sunday.

She and Dad are doing pretty well. Wish we were closer to help them out once in a while. We are very blessed.


The day before, May 8th was the Tmple groundbreaking for our very own Temple here in Kansas City. It was such a special time hearing talks and seeing the ground where the temple will stand. Only 2 years till completion! WE can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment